Community Access is a weekday support Centre for adults with a developmental disability. The Centre operates Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 3:30pm and offers a variety of supports based on each person’s Essential Lifestyle Plan. This Plan is developed with the individual and/or their family to identify the goals, directions and supports that will empower each person to achieve independence. Participants are supported in personal development and provided with education and training in life skills, with leisure and recreational activities, and work or volunteer opportunities. The Centre also offers a social networking environment and engages individuals in meaningful community participation.
250 Tenth Street
How to access Community Access Supports:
The individual must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a developmental disability with supporting documentation;
- Reside within the geographical boundaries of the Mattawa-Bonfield catchment area.
All applications for Adult Developmental Services, as of July 1, 2011 are made through Developmental Services Ontario.
Developmental Services Ontario Northeast (DSO) will:
- Confirm eligibility for services;
- Assist in the completion of the application package and Support and assessment process;
- Provide information about available services and supports;
- Link eligible and prioritized people to available services and supports.
Developmental Services Ontario – North East Region Contact Information:
1-800-668-8555 ext. 1206