Group Living is a supported living model that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This shared living arrangement offers personal space, either single or shared accommodation, to adults with a developmental disability that cannot live on their own. Both homes are physically accessible and support individuals with all aspects of their life. Support plans are based on the individual’s personal plan, which outlines the person’s interests and goals. The plans are developed with the person and/or their family.
- 170 Bissett St.
- 1000 Brydges St.
How to access Group Living Supports:
The individual must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a developmental disability with supporting documentation;
- Reside within the geographical boundaries of the Mattawa-Bonfield catchment area.
All applications for Adult Developmental Services, as of July 1, 2011 are made through Developmental Services Ontario.
Developmental Services Ontario Northeast (DSO) will:
Confirm eligibility for services:
- Assist in the completion of the application package and Support assessment process;
- Provide information about available services and supports;
- Link eligible and prioritized people to available services and supports.
Developmental Services Ontario—North East Region Contact Information
1-800-668-8555 ext. 1206