Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an option for adults with developmental disabilities that are capable of living in their own home or apartment. Participants are able to manage most aspects of their daily lives, but who require assistance with some of their daily living tasks, such as budgeting, grocery shopping, household management and community participation.
How to access Supported Independent Living Supports:
The individual must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a developmental disability with supporting documentation;
- Reside within the geographical boundaries of the Mattawa-Bonfield catchment area.
All applications for Adult Developmental Services, as of July 1, 2011 are made through Developmental Services Ontario.
Developmental Services Ontario Northeast (DSO) will:
Confirm eligibility for services:
- Assist in the completion of the application package and Support assessment process;
- Provide information about available services and supports;
- Link eligible and prioritized people to available services and supports.
Developmental Services Ontario—North East Region Contact Information:
1-800-668-8555 ext. 1206